All About Stockton Yacht Club
Stockton Yacht Club from across the Calaveras River
Founded in 1930 the Stockton Yacht
Club was formed by a small group of avid boaters who had their boat
houses and docks on the Calaveras River. In 1953 the group moved to our
current site and formed what is today the Stockton Yacht Club. The
original structure was an old wooden barn in bad disrepair, but through
dedication and hard work, we have today what is arguably the best yacht
club facility East of San Francisco.
With our large dining room and event
hall that can comfortably seat 200 for dinner, a chef’s galley that
makes meal preparation a breeze, and our intimate lounge with great
sunset views over the Calaveras River the Stockton Yacht Club has
facilities that are second to none.
The main dining room Lounge overlooking the guest docks
With the efforts of our members
since our humble beginning in 1930, today we own our 5000 square foot
facility with 350 feet of guest dock, a 49 slip marina for member’s
yachts, and a beautiful outdoor picnic area set in the middle of
manicured grounds and among 100 year old oak trees.
Picnic area and grounds 300 feet of guest dock
For over five decades volunteer membership of the Stockton Yacht Club
have built and maintained our facilities that we proudly share with any
yacht club that wishes to visit. Every year clubs from San Francisco and
around the Delta take the beautiful and relaxing cruise up the Calaveras
River and share their time with us. For many clubs visiting Stockton
Yacht Club is an annual event that their members look forward to.
We are an active
group with over 100 scheduled events every year for both boaters and
social members alike. Look over a list of past commodores and members,
it reads like a who’s who of the central valley. Whether your interests
are strictly boating or you prefer the camaraderie of a social club, the
Stockton Yacht Club has like minded members and activities for all to